Monday, February 23, 2015

Underground Comics

For this weeks selection I read Tijuana Bibles and Dopin Dan.Tijuana Bibles was pretty entertaining, however there wasn't a lot that really stuck out. There was never a deep underlying plot, something that connected them,  or something that really yells amazing. But it did make me laugh a little, I found the puns at the end of the shorts were pretty creative and served there purpose. However some of them did feel a little "forced" ba dum tsst* Overall the shorts were fun to read and had me smirk, but its nothing outstanding, nor do I think it's supposed to be.  The jokes served their purpose, and it gave me a laugh, however some people today might find some of these offensive.

Dopin Dan was interesting, its humor was clearly aimed towards those who haves served in the armed forces. Although i pick dup on a lot of the jokes, they did not make me laugh very often, and i did not find a lot f interest in continuing them. Tijuana bibles made me laugh with some of its jokes, but Dopin Dan, wasn't my sense of humor. I don't think it has much to do with being a soldier, because the punch lines and set ups were clear to me, its just the way they were delivered. They were dry and too slow for my taste. I can see where people could find humor, but the comic just wasn't up my alley in terms of standards.


No comments:

Post a Comment